CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Yesterday

I think yesterday will forever be burned into my psyche as the day I realized my own mortality, and this by the news of a good friend. She has been diagnosed with melanoma cancer. She is a beautiful 28 year old wife, the most amazing mother of 3 young boys, a photographer, a nurse, a friend and an inspiration not only to me but to many others. You are in my prayers.

I have always planned that I would have a "lifetime" to become who I wanted to be, but one never knows when that lifetime will end. Lifetime doesn't mean old and gray, lifetime means until your life ends, whether it be tomorrow or 20 years from now or old and gray. Why is it something like this that pleads within me to be better, to be more? Why can't I do this of my own accord and will, a year ago, last week? Why? Can I become who I want to be? Today I want to see the world in the natural light provided, not shaded and stained by my insecurities and doubts, by my lack of insight and selfishness.

Yesterday has come and gone. I can. I can do just one thing to lighten the load on this family who has had a bombshell dropped in their midst. I will.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

If any good comes of situations like these, it's that maybe the rest of us value our lives, families and friends a little more. Alisa's in our prayers!

Triple A said...

Life seems to get harder and harder as I grow up. Sometimes I just want to be a kid again. But we are so lucky to have our Savior who can lighten our load.