My girls did make it to their respective 1st days of school, although it was a close call for me. For those who don't know, I am NOT a morning person. I know, I know, the bus doesn't even come until 9am, but the new baby thing just set me back that much more. Emma is in 2nd grade this year. Luckily Emma is a total morning person, so she was up, dressed, had breakfast, backpack packed, lunch ready, and woke me up at 7:45! I told her to set the timer for half an hour and come wake me up again so I could do her hair. I had to drive her once and I had her get a ride with a neighbor once that first week because we missed the bus! What a way to start the year. We have done much better these last few weeks.
Here she is with her friend Naomi. They walk together to the bus every morning.
On the other hand Mady is not a morning person either. I usually have to drag her out of bed, dress her and practically spoon feed her her breakfast. But give her a few minutes and she is bouncing off the wall. Mady is going to preschool Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings for 2 hours. She did half a year last year in the 3 year old class and is now in the 4 year old class with a lot of the kids that were with her last year. She really loves her teachers and loves school.
Here she is with her new bike. We finally got one to replace the one the plumber ran over!
I am really enjoying having a few hours with just the two little ones in the mornings. We have even ventured to the store and it wasn't the slightest bit traumatic for me. Oh, and they survived too!
Friday, September 5, 2008
1st Day of School
Posted by Ashly at 10:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Those are some cute kids.
Love the Hannah Montana shirt! If you ever get out this way for a visit, I could show you where Hannah Montana lives and take you to the park where my girls played with "Hannah Montana" when she was still Destiny. Her little sister, Noah goes to Mackenzie's elementary school.
Glad you're getting into the swing of things with 4! Lauren starts school at 7:30, Ash and Kenzie at 8:30, and Sierra at 9:00. Next year we get to throw seminary into that mix too!
I love that mads has a hannah montana shirt-it's already started!! I totally agree with you on the only 2 kids at home paradise. How are we going to survive next summer?
They grow up so fast...I know one day I'm going to wake up and it's going to seem like my life has been a dream. :( I'm already starting to get there! I'd better wake up and smell the roses!
I am taking mental notes on how to handle four children . . . I can barely handle one!
I am so glad to hear that you are not a morning person....I am SO not. It's pretty bad when my 2 kids are yelling up to me while I'm still in bed...."Bye Mom, Love you" and they've completely gotten themselves ready and are heading out the door.
Post a Comment