CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 10, 2008

All Hallows' Eve

Or Halloween. Whatever floats your boat. We had a fun time carving pumpkins the Monday before and proudly displayed them outside.


Emma designed her own pumpkin and Mady's. She also did the majority of the carving herself. Way to go Emma!



This one was a team effort by dad and Cooper. If you can't tell it, has all different kinds of eyes carved out. A very interesting pumpkin indeed! Cooper loved drawing on it and as you can see was very intent on his masterpiece.

Mady loves kitties so she was all for this pumpkin designed by her sister. I helped with the whiskers......and the eyes........and the nose. She really did try but when you are four the knife doesn't always go where you want it to. I was so excited to get a real smile from her. Lately they have been a little awkward looking.

I was designated pumpkin seed extractor. Drew tried his hand at it but didn't have the desire to get every seed and stringy thing out like I did.

This is what Lillie did the whole time we were carving. She is such a good baby!



Does anyone else stress out about costumes every year? I do.I tried to go simple this year. Although I had planned on making Emma some scrubs, that was a DISASTER. Luckily Target had just what we needed. I did make Cooper's vest and rescue pack which turned out pretty good. It was getting him to put it on that was tough. Mady wore an old dress up that I think Brenda gave to Emma a few years back. I spruced up ballet slippers with some gold stretchy material and she was good to go.




For your viewing pleasure we have Princess Jasmine, Diego, and A Veterinarian. They were quite the trick-or-treaters. Emma and Cooper were out there from 6 to 8:30 pm. Mady gave up a little early and helped me pass out candy. We ran out so she kindly offered her own candy to the kids! It was very cute. And, ladies, the man in the attractive 70's clothes is taken! Sorry!

And last but not least is our little green M&M. I made this for Emma's first Halloween and all 3 girls have used it since. We had a Halloween party with the youth on Tuesday so I made a costume that would compliment Lillie's since we go everywhere together these days!

We do have a picture of me wearing the costume holding Lillie but I did not feel like posting it seeing as I had just finished running and I look like...Well I just don't look good! And the picture of me carving is oh, so beautiful. Once again no makeup or hair done. At least I had taken a shower, right? Anyway, on to Thanksgiving where we can glut ourselves on REAL food.

11 comments:

Hagberg Fam said...

They all looked cute!! And it looks like you all had lots of fun!!

Greg and Tammy said...

Darling job on the costumes! Love that smiling pic of Lillie. What a little doll. Love those kids! Who would be crazy enough to "take" that 70's guy as a hubby?

Kristen said...

Oh, we will DEFINITELY be seeing Twilight! In fact, Lauren, Mackenzie and I will be seeing it THURSDAY night...compliments of our good friend who is a manager at our local theater. We get a special sneak preview showing! Can't wait!

Love the Halloween pictures! You are so good to do all of those costumes. I sent my kids to the attic this year!

JB and MA said...

Holey Moley! Lilly is so big already!! Life sure flies by doesn't it?!

So did you hear I'll be there in February? We need to plan a sisters night while I'm there. I'll be there the 2nd to the 17th, so plenty of time to coordinate schedules :)

Hugs from the Benches!

Leah said...

Everyone looked great! Drew's costume was clasic!

ZAC said...

Oh Ashley, I just love your sense of HUMOR. It's so refreshing and funny. I'm so sad the 70's man is taken. I'll cry myself to sleep and be over it by morning...although I suppose I'm married so I'm just going to forget about it all. Sorry this is a crazy message. It's late and I bet I'm tired...
LOVE YOU GUYS!!! LOVE THE COSTUMES!!!

Brenda said...

That is great! Emma looks like the real thing. My dogs need their booster shots, can I make an appt. with Dr. McD?

Tamara said...

The kids have gotten so big. Emma is just beautiful (not that we didn't always think that but she's such a little lady these days). Love the costumes.

Michael and Kari said...

Such cute kids! I love all the costumes! You did a great job on the whole M&M thing - so creative!

Cara said...

Adorable. I love the M&M costumes!

Jewel said...

You are so funny. I love the phraseology "for your viewing pleasure."
I wish I could have seen you as an M&M.