NO, we haven't gone yet, but we need some advice from all of you who have. I personally have never been to this magical paradise. Before you think I have committed some grave sin, I am the 9th of 11 children and I grew up in Wisconsin. I think that explains it. So, advice please. We are trying to go at an off peak time, what to bring, where to stay, good ticket prices (websites with info), should we take a 2 year old, anything else you feel like sharing. Thanks for the help!
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
My husbands advice would be "Don't bother". We went to disneyland when kids were 5,3 and I was prego and it wasn't nearly as fun as we hoped. I think the problem was that the kids were afraid of all of the characters, terrified of rollercoasters and we were there over a holiday so it was horribly busy besides... So, MY ADVICE is: prepare them, go off season, and if possible, don't go pregnant, well, at least not 6 months pregnant. Yikes, I'm beginning to think I shouldn't offer disney advice. Good luck!
No. Wrong. I took a 4 and 2 year old while pregnant (during the morning sickness phase)WITHOUT my husband and am so glad we went! The boys still talk about it almost 2 years later! As you walk into the park it's natural to go to the right (towards Tomorrowland) if you go left towards Frontierland you go opposite of traffic! It was a good tip that we used. Also the first week of May is typically the slowest. It's after all the Mar/Apr spring breaks but before school is out for the summer. And get tickets for Mon., Tues., and Wed. Or if you want to see the firework show, start your week on Sunday. They only do fireworks on the weekends. We had a great week with Becky and Holly's families and it wasn't busy AT ALL! Definitely do the research. It makes a difference. Umm, what else...use the fast passes (you'll understand when you get there) come visit us. Carson was nervous about the Characters but we just didn't force him and he kept his distance. I'm sure Emma and Mady will LOVE the princesses (Cruella D'Ville was the bomb though)! The only ride Preston was scared of was Tower of Terror in California adventure, but he didn't cry like my sisters did! And my niece Sierra (who was 5 at the time) went on it 4 times! Sorry about the long comment, maybe I should call you:)
Hey Ashly - I found your blog off of Cara's. This is Kari Brown by the way. I grew up about 45 minutes from Disneyland and it was a practically a religion at our house. I actually used to work for Six Flags at their park out there (called Magic Mountain) and when I worked there the slowest day of the week was always Wednesday. Also, if you go you'll want to go before all the local kids get out of school which is generally around June 23rd. That will cut down alot on crowds. We went for my birthday every year as a kid and there are tons of great memories. We took Gavin when he was a week shy of 2 and Jared was 4 and it was great. Granted we were visiting Michael's parents in July, so it was way crowded and hot,and it was still a good time. If you're visiting without family nearby, and have to go to a hotel, I'd suggest staying at the Disney hotel so you can go and relax and come back when you're ready. Yah it might be pricier, but worth the extra for the convenience. I think Jana has a great hotel just across the street that she liked - ask her. Anyway, I'll tell you more in person next time I talk to you. Thanks for letting me peek at your blog!
I grew up in Disneyland's backyard and have never NOT loved it there, even after going a million times. Although, I think my favorite visit was when I took my 2 year old VERY A.D.D. nephew. He adored everything and it made everything more fun for us.
I'd say do it. There are tons of little kid rides in both Disneyland and California Adventures and plenty of shows for when the kids get tired and want to sit down. I would say, thought, bring plenty of snacks for the little guys. They see people walking around with food all day and it seems to make them hungry all day too!
The best time I ever had at Disneyland was when I took my 2 and 4 year old nephews and my 6 year old niece. The 2 year old was SO excited about everything and it made it more fun for us.
There are tons of little kid rides at Disneyland and California Adventure and when the kids get tired and don't want to walk around anymore, there are lots of shows that will keep them entertained for 45 minutes or so. Have fun!
I am a huge disneyland fan and have season passes ( l live 30 minutes from it). I agree with the off season, there is no way I would go during spring breaks, or summer. May is good, I love Sept. & October. Avoid weekends, do a friday if you have to. Check Disney's calender for parade days and fireworks shows. Costco sometimes has disney deals. I really recommend if you are doing a trip you spend 3 days at disneyland. If you only do 2 it makes for really long days. If you do 3 then you don't feel rushed and you can take hotel breaks (for pool or naps) and go back and hit the closing parades. I could go on and on. Let me know when you are going I'd love share more. We live in laguna beach and it has great beaches if you want a non amusement park adventure.
hi how are you, I stole your blog off cheryl's blog. I agree Disneyland is not worth it. We took the kids, It was not that great. couldn't find hardly any charaters, walked way too far for it all, stood in line way too long. (at the finding nemo,) there was a 2 1/2 hour wait, it was like that for all the main ones, so we didn't even go on them all, maybe that would be different on off season. and of course we lost Leila there, talk about freaking out. We went to Sea world and Lego land, so much funner and not sooo hectic. by the way, I only have 6 weeks left till I am done with this pregnacy, yea!!!!!!! Devri
Post a Comment