CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Sundays

I absolutely love Sundays! I love that I have my whole family together and no one has anything else to do. I get to go to church and worship as I please. I can take a nap, read a book, take a walk, visit family and friends, play games with the kids or whatever else I want to do. But I don't have to do laundry, go to the store, run kids to activities, etc. The kids and I love it because dad is home all day long, from the moment they wake up until he tucks them in at night. We love daddy! He is so good to entertain them while I nap and he almost always does the all the cooking on Sundays!

The other thing I have been enjoying on Sundays is my baby boy. He has been having issues napping on Sunday, I think mostly because his dad is home and he doesn't want to miss a moment with him! But he is so tired he needs a nap. So, the routine for the last month or so has been that his dad lays him down for a nap and immediately he starts crying (which he rarely ever does, and is probably the reason he lets me rock him). I go in and take him out of bed to rock him until he falls asleep. This usually never happens because 1)he usually thinks we are just rocking for fun and he tries to get away or 2)I feel like I have other things to do that are so much more important than rocking my baby to sleep. I realized on Sunday that this is such a special moment for me and he is getting so big! These little ones are so sweet and pure and the time flies by so fast.


Notice how he takes up my whole lap!

13 comments:

Kristen said...

What a sweet picture--and what a BIG boy! I rock Sierra to sleep everyday and consider it my time tocatch a few minutes of peace and quiet and just love on my baby. That's our time!

Hagberg Fam said...

I can say I am jealous of your Sunday's. I really need to change my attitude lately but I dread Sunday's. It is a long day by myself and I hear almost nothing at church. Cherish those moments in life because you never know how long they are going to last.

Devri said...

good post. I love Sundays too,

Mrs. Morty said...

Awww, sweet. My "baby" is almost two too. I'm a sucker for holding him like I never was with the other two kids. Is it that we have to have three before we realize how fast they grow up?

Kristen said...

Andrew-
Thanks for the smile! I needed that and we need all of the prayers we can get. Things would be 100% better if I could just turn off the tears, but it's a very scary situation!

Cheryl Anne said...

awww... they grow up much too quickly. :)

Tamara said...

I can't believe how big he has gotten! It's so sweet that just for that day he'll let you rock him to sleep.

Julia Harps said...

Ashly! I found you through Devri. Great to see you out here in cyber space. You are cute as ever. I want to know how you can take naps on sunday. My kids won't leave me alone! You rock. ~Julia

Leah said...

I think its SO important that we do sit down and rock them. I struggle with it because want to get other stuff done, but then I remember that they'll only be little once!

Greg and Tammy said...

I enjoy Sundays as well, when we don't have to go to a million meetings or have lots of other church/family activities in the way of just RELAXING. :) Cute pics of you rocking the Coop. :)

Meagarific said...

Wow, Ash, your blog is hard core. :) SUCH cute pics.
You're right; the unnamed child is getting very large. :)

--Meag

Cara said...

Such sweet pictures!

Holly Janeen said...

i agree sunday is the best day of the week.
thanks for sharing :)