CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 4, 2008

So the baby countdown ticker was a little off.

This is "the hubby", as I am affectionately referred to on this blog. And why am I posting, as opposed to my lovely wife, you might ask? We'll, she currently is laying in the hospital with baby McDaniel #4. (Actually, baby McDaniel is probably laying in the nursery while mommy sleeps, got to take advantage of the hospital staff while we can.) Anyway, I promised a few of you that I'd do my best to get some pics posted tonight, so here you are:


Oh and by the way, she's a girl. We were both guessing boy so we were a little surprised.


It's late and I'm sleep deprived, so I'm just going to cut straight to the necessary details. Mom's water broke at 3:30 a.m. Monday morning. We arrived at the hospital at 5:00 a.m. Baby joined us at 7:10 a.m. 7 pounds, 4 ounces, 20 inches, slimy and cute. Mom and baby are doing well. Mom's awesome sister "nursed" us through the whole thing, even though it was her day off. In keeping with Mom's prohibition on names on this blog, you will have to call to find out that little detail. We have yet to settle on a middle name, but we've got the first pinned down.








Mom and baby are doing great. Older sisters are ecstatic. Brother was mildly entertained for a moment. More later.

21 comments:

Sarah Anne said...

Congratulations! How fabulously exciting. Get some rest and ice cream. Happy baby to you.
She's beautiful.

emily said...

Congrats, you guys! I am so excited for you! So glad she's healthy and by golly, she's a beauty!:) I'm anxious to hear her name...maybe you'll have to shoot me an email. emily@ortonclan.com

Mrs. Morty said...

Oh yea!! How nice of her to come a little early for her momma's sanity! Congratulations, she looks beautiful!

Kristen said...

What a cutie! My girls were excited to see pictures already--Good Job, Dad! And of course, Mom did the best job! Congratulations--maybe we can see her sometime?! Miss you guys!

Kristen said...

...and just remember, you're kinda following our pattern. 2 girls, a boy, 2 girls? Careful, you may end up members of my exclusive "4 Girls!" Club.

Devri said...

OMGoodness!!! Congrats, I want to come and see, or maybe I will just call. And love that Ana too, and great job mom, and babe. A girl!! Yea!!!! Can I have her? I don't have enough.

Heather said...

What a sweet little thing! I'm glad everything went so well.

Cheryl Anne said...

Congrats!! I'm so excited for you. :)

Hagberg Fam said...

Congrats!! She is so cute. I am glad that everything went well. We can't wait to meet her!

crazy christensen family said...

Good job Daddy! Way to get it posted! I made nate do it due to my hubbys inability to do computery things. She's beautiful!!Great job mama!

Gretchen said...

She is beautiful! I can't wait to see all of you and hold my newest niece! Great job, Ashly and Andrew!

joshandannewester said...

Hey guys, wow! What a cute little baby. We were just thinking about you guys, hope we can see you soon. Congratulations!

ZAC said...

YEA! I'm so glad I hopped on. I wondered if there might be news. Drew, you're a riot (slimy huh?). Everyone looks majorly cute :) Hooray for estrogen!

Julia Harps said...

you make really cute kddos. congrats. I love it when they come a little early too! YOu have a beautiful family.

Amy Rindy said...

What a sweet little girl! She is beautiful. Congratulations, and I'm so glad everything went so well! Also, I am just waiting for a chance to help - call me!

Leah said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations! I'm SO excited for you guys and glad it went SO fast!

Kelly said...

She is gorgeous! I loved watching her on the couch last night, just sleeping away in her sister's arms. Congrats! Call me when you need a nap! ;)

Amalie said...

congrats on #4!

Michael and Kari said...

AH......Congrats you guys! I'm glad to hear everything went well!

JoandDoug said...

Congrats on your newest girl! It's so fun to see what everyone has been up to in this blogging world (I saw your site through the Zabels'). Good luck with 4!

Greg and Tammy said...

CONGRATS!!! Way to join the blogging world Drew! I'm so proud of you! She is absolutely beautiful... just like the other three!