The drywall/mud/tape/texture was finished mid May and amidst many other things going on in our lives we were able to get most of the basement painted. But then we lost momentum. Dad getting the primer ready. We rented a spray gun, which was amazingly messy, to do the primer and the ceiling paint. The two of us were struggling a bit dealing with painting and 3 kids. Luckily our brother-in-law came to help us finish and get the spray gun back on time!
We had to roll the whole thing right after we sprayed it to make it smooth. Notice our biggest helper. She always wants to be right in the action.
The finished product. My awesome hubby rolled the whole thing, 2 coats, by himself!
<
Painting the girls' new room lavender. We let the kids "help" and it was a lot of fun to do together for FHE.
Thanks to my great in-laws we have some momentum to finish this basement project. They drove up from California this past weekend to help paint rooms, doors, baseboards, trim, etc., hang doors and trim, and do electrical work. We always work them way too hard when they come and are definitely looking forward to the day they come to visit and we can just hang out and go to the zoo (or something else just as fun and exciting)!
We still have a lot of caulking, painting, putting on of trim and baseboards to do, but to see doors on the walls makes it seem within reach.
Monday, July 14, 2008
Progress on "The Project"
Posted by Ashly at 9:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



13 comments:
I was pregnant when we finished our basement too. All the more reason that we HIRED people to do it. We did not have the patience or perseverence to do it ourselves. Good job. Thats awesome!!
Jealous, jealous, jealous! We don't even start major projects because we know that they will never get done. Looks great!
It looks so good guys. Someday I am going to borrow Andrew's parents to help us finish all our unfinshed projects!
Wowsers...I don't even recognize the place anymore. And who were those amazing relatives (besides Drew's parents--they're just crazy) who saved your lives the night the sprayer had to be returned? So, we'll be moving in to the finished product next weekend, then? Staying at the in-laws just isn't working out for us.
What a project. You are a way nice Mom to let your kids help. Just think of all the memories your making. Hope your able to get it all done soon. Looks great!
It's coming along! It looks great!And how nice to have help! Soon it will all be over!
It looks wonderful! I love the color!
Looks so good! You deserve a nice pat on the back.
Looks awesome guys! I expect a call soon to come help you finish. I could lay some pretty mean tile and don't even get me started on my caulking abilities. . . legendary!
Wow. It looks good. You are way nicer then me. I would never let my kids "help". I would have kicked them out of the house. :)
Hope to see you soon.
I was so happy to find your name on my blog. I hopped on the computer at 12:30am and one of the reasons was so I could add you to my friend list too! We really need to get together under better circumstances. I was so distracted tonight I couldn't fully appreciate just how tired a 9 month pregnant lady would be after all the work you done on your basement...it looks great and I think I would be a little wary letting my children PAINT as the owner of the post above me said. It looks great! After Jermaine's finished the bar I'm going to arrange a get together.
In the meantime, take care! Nap, nap, nap and we'll be in touch. And hey, please pray for us!
Wow looks great, and you look great too!! How much longer, we never got together for swimming, but will have to get together after baby now, so I can see the he/she.... :)
Looks awesome! We are so sorry we missed you! We had a crazy, quick trip. But we will probably be back in a few months, so we will try again. How much longer until the baby comes? Good luck!
Post a Comment