I just finished reading Jane Clayson Johnson's book and if you haven't read it yet you should. It was refreshing and insightful. And just the reminder I needed as we celebrated bringing another child into our home last weekend.
We had a lot of family and friends to support us as we blessed Lillie last weekend. The group picture includes most of the people who were there. Some had to leave quickly so they aren't pictured. We enjoyed yummy soup and salad at our house afterward. And now we know that our little home holds at least 50+ people!
We had a lot of family and friends to support us as we blessed Lillie last weekend. The group picture includes most of the people who were there. Some had to leave quickly so they aren't pictured. We enjoyed yummy soup and salad at our house afterward. And now we know that our little home holds at least 50+ people!
The Group
Lillie was blessed in the dress that my mom made for my little sister and the person for whom she is named, Angeliica Lillian. Angeliica died when she was just a baby and I was 2, so I didn't get to meet her. But I know that she has been with me and helped me throughout my life. So, when I got pregnant this time I only had one name in mind if our baby was a girl. It was a beautiful day for a blessing and a beautiful day to remember why we are here on the earth. This baby girl chose to come to earth just like the rest of us and I am so blessed to be her mother.



10 comments:
Oh, Ash, she looks so beautiful!
sweet pictures. Your family looks so cute! :)
That's a sweet story...thanks for sharing. She's beautiful. Really. I hope all is going well and that the transition into four is smooth! Hey, I was looking at your group picture and I can't tell, but there's someone in there that looks like someone I know, but I can't tell. Do you by chance have someone in there named Yulia? Just curious!:)
That is a precious story I never knew! Ashly, you look fabulous. I can't believe how on top of life you are. Your hair is all done up and you hosted 50+ people at your house---MAMMA MIA! That would end in heart attack for me! You're amazing.
Ashley,
She is so cute. I am so happy for you.
She looks goregues!
Such a pretty baby girl. I loved that book, too, by the way.
I'm jealous! Most of our kids have been blessed with just Mark, me and the girls. Love the name and the dress. I hope one day I'll have a grandson named Austin. I have his blessing outfit too--insisted on buying a new white outfit to bury him in because I wanted to keep the one he was blessed in. It was made by Mark's mom.
I haven't been able to see your blog for awhile and loved catching up! The kids are beautiful, as always and I wish we all lived closer so I could watch in person! I can't wait to meet Lillie--she is beautiful!
Such a beautiful baby!
Post a Comment