CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ridin' Bikes

A couple of weeks ago we all went outside to enjoy the nice weather. Coincidently, the plumber was in the basement working that day. All of our kids love, love, love being outside! I am sure this is true of most kids. Pictures of daddy helping daughter.


She finally got the hang of it.

Here is the little guy. He would stay outside all day if I would let him or had the time to do so myself!


Here is curly cutie riding her new Christmas bike.


It started getting a little chilly so we put bikes away and headed inside. The plumber finished his work....

.....and headed off only to return to our door with this in his hand.

Someone's bike didn't actually get put "away." This is what is left of the new Christmas bike, which I will remind you has only been ridden a few times because of the wonderful white winter we have thus far enjoyed this year. We are just so grateful that no one was attached to the seat at the time.



We didn't tell her right away that this had happened, fearing the reaction of a four year old who is prone to overreacting in most situations. But, a few days later we open the garage and the bike is sitting there with the seat on the ground. She picks up the seat, sets it on the bike where it should be, and says "What happened to my bike?" Me and my quick thinking say "The plumber ran over it." And she says "Oh, ok." She must not have been that attached to it!!! And now we get to add in the price of a new bike to the basement budget.

9 comments:

Devri said...

oh my goodness, that is soo scary to think someone could have been on that bike, We have an extra barbie bike in good condition if you want it you can have it. Thank goodness for little angels and thier forgiving love. let me know.

Mrs. Morty said...

Thats so sad. At least she didn't freak out on you about it. You guys are so brave to take on doing the basement. I don't know if we would make it through a project like that.

Cheryl Anne said...

So SAD! We bought a bike for Austin for Easter... he knows about it, and I'm pretty sure his world would end if it got mangled... LOL. Its good perspective to remember that bikes are replaceable though.

Cara said...

I am so glad she didn't freak out. Poor bike! I'm sure your plumber felt awful, and probably relieved no child was on it. That's exciting about your basement. It'll be all worth it once it's done.

Brenda said...

Oh dear. We also have an extra bike, if you don't mind BLUE! Can't wait to see you guys!

Leah said...

That stinks! At least she handled it well!

Tamara said...

For an over reactor, she sure kept her cool! I think I freak out more over a broken nail...wait, Tamara, over react? NEVER!

I'm glad everyone is ok. For what it's worth, it looks like it was an adorable bike. :)

Jewel said...

I didn't know that was how the day had ended. Can I use it as an object lesson sometime for my kids?

Amalie said...

your boy is so darling! I only saw him when he was a newborn and look how big he is already. ok visit my page monluxfamily.blogspot.com